Geographic Information System
Why Use a GIS Application?
A Geographic Information System (GIS) application is what makes your information more accessible to you.
GIS makes it easy to find and print maps or plans whilst also making it possible for users to make their own customised maps. More clients are choosing to have their digital or hard copy maps and plans on GIS systems where they can access and share them with ease whilst maintaining a centralised storage area for their data.
Companies and organisations are increasingly realising and understanding the benefits they gain through having their own in-house GIS.
GIS combines software and people with geospatial tools and makes it possible to:
- Manage geospatial datasets from numerous data sources
- Perform spatial analysis
- Conduct strategic planning
- Easily generate hard and softcopy maps
Total Hydrographic can consult and assist by helping you to:
- View data
- Analyse data
- Understand relationships and patterns in data
Benefits of In-House GIS Include:
- Importation of numerous vector and raster data formats (e.g. survey data, CAD files, aerial photography, digital terrain models etc.)
- Readily exportable organisational asset information and data
- Cost savings from greater efficiency by making more informed decisions
- Improved communication between management, staff, contractors and consultants
- Generation of user defined maps
- Strategic planning of transportation systems and routes
- Information regarding zoning and planning overlays
- Capture of maps, plans and data received from contractors and consultants
- Extraction of data that can be sent to contractors and consultants for specific projects
GIS allows your data to work for you – talk to us about:
- Assessing your GIS needs
- Designing, developing and installing a custom GIS
- Maintaining your custom GIS
A list of certified professionals in hydrographic surveying can be found here.
Be sure that you are trusting a fully qualified Marine GIS Consultant with your project data.